So, after finishing up my ATU 100, it was time to … you know, actually use it. As I got the ATU 100 to pair up with my µBitx v5, this is what I used to test. Output was into the previously built dummy load, ran two batches of tests: first with 12V into the µBitx, second with 13.8V. As expected, the power is higher with 13.8V.
µBitx v5 on 12V
µBitx v5 on 13.8V
|160m||24W / 19W||25W / 19W|
|80m||15W / 12W||18W / 15W|
|60m||14W / 11W||17W / 14W|
|40m||13W / 11W||16W / 13W|
|30m||11W / 8.7W||13W / 11W|
|20m||7.8W / 6.1W||9.7W / 7.6W|
|17m||8.3W / 6.5W||10W / 8.3W|
|15m||6.4W / 5W||8.3W / 6.4W|
|12m||4.4W / 3.4W||5.5W / 4.2W|
|10m||4.3W / 3.2W||5.4W / 4.1W|
As expected, 13.8V gives us more power.