Windstorm took down my EFHW (one of the plastic ties broke, imagine that). Thankfully, the balun survived without touching the ground and I had to fish it out (yay Decathlon fishing pole, most useful ham tool) from a juniper tree. Put it back up, shortened a little the 80m tail (after the coil) aaand ……(Continue Reading)
Bring out the big(gish) gun 🙂
Took out from storage the old and original uBitx v5, hooked it up to a 10m wire for the fishing pole EFHW and voila!
More FT8 monitoring on 40m with a SDR and the balcony corner magloop. Since I’m sure my reception is not that good, the bands must be picking up!
Well, the poor magloop isn’t doing too bad on receiving, even if it’s stuck in a balcony corner and blocked by buildings.
So, after finishing up my ATU 100, it was time to … you know, actually use it. As I got the ATU 100 to pair up with my µBitx v5, this is what I used to test. Output was into the previously built dummy load, ran two batches of tests: first with 12V into the…(Continue Reading)
Well, as I’m pretty much out of radio activity due to cold weather (no more balcony fishing pole) and the magloop build fail, it’s time to catch up on some backlogged projects. One year after getting my ticket, it’s time to build a dummy load ! Now, there are many ways to do this and…(Continue Reading)
So, I wanted to add an ATU to the µBitx v5 I have. Because I’m cheap an amateur hobbyist (and I like putting kits together), the decision went to the N7DDC ATU 100 tuner. I got the kit from Aliexpress. The case is from Thingiverse. good quality PCB, no problems in soldering all SMDs already…(Continue Reading)
So, winter’s coming which means I can’t keep a balcony window open for hours, in order to keep my fishing pole based EFHW outside. As many of you already know, balcony dwelling isn’t really compatible with HF antennas due to lack of proper space. The only acceptable antenna for apartment dwellers in the winter is…(Continue Reading)